Thursday, August 28, 2008

Let Me Introduce Myself


First, I have to confess that I have been an avid blogger for three years, so it's kind of cheating to start another for the class.... however, I will be have fun theming this one to the early childhood topics of Child, Family and Community.


I have lived for 22 years in a very rural environment, though I was able to complete my BA and get my MA in Humanities through a combination of distance learning that involved traveling to the Bay Area once a month and the rest of the time working on my own.
You are welcome to check out my other blogs, if any of you have the time!


This is the only class I am taking this semester, though I am learning a new job at the same time. I am lucky to be directing a lovely program called 1,2,3 Grow, a parent participation early childhood and school readiness program located at Camptonville Elementary School, across the road from my house. I had been an Early Headstart Site Supervisor for a year and a half until the agency's budget was cut in half this spring and the program was closed at the end of June. I can now walk to work! Our program has a large school garden, nurtured by parent volunteers, and currently providing tomatoes for school lunches, and our snacks!

2 comments:

Jessica A. said...

HI there!!!
sorry i didint get back soonerrrr!!!

my name is jessica!!!!
i have noever done blog before!
but so far so good!!
do you have any kidsss??

Karen said...

Hi Birdsong,
I am tired of guilt because what happened in the past i nolonger have any control to change it. At the time when my children were young i was a single mother that was on me. I did play with my children and yes i loved them dearly and I show them even today by the sacrifices I still make for them. We had goodtimes and we had badtimes but It is what is going on in the present that matters so much now. God gave us memories so we can rememeber the past and he gave us women a mothers heart so our children will always be a loving presense within us until
the day we die. Karen